Mathew Wernikoff, a personal trainer at Champion Athletes, was certified with the National Academy of Sports Medicine and is currently a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association. He has worked as a personal trainer with kids, adolescents and older adults for over six years. He has also worked with several gym chains as a personal trainer and as the former Director of Group Fitness and Personal Training for Premier Complete Training Center, a 20,000 Square foot facility in Bergen County, NJ.
Matthew Wernikoff has also served as a head varsity coach in New York State as well as the head coach on several national teams. He has experience training wrestlers, basketball players, baseball players, football players, lacrosse players as well as a variety of other sports and activities on the youth, high school and college levels.
Matthew Wernikoff’s Resume Brief:
(Also found on www.matthewwernikoff.brandyourself.com)
Strength and Conditioning Coach/Assistant Manager at Champion Athletes
September 2009 – Present | Kenilworth, NJ
- Founded and developed Champion Athletes.
- Provide individualized and small group, strength and conditioning and speed and agility classes.
- Assess and develop pre-hab training programs for male and female athletes, ages 8-24.
Apex Wrestling School
Head Assistant Wrestling Coach/Asssistant Manager at Apex Wrestling School
June 2007 – Present | Kenilworth, NJ
- Run and assist in youth, high school and college wrestling classes.
- Organize and manage youth and high school travel team. The high school team has made the national club championships three years in a row, winning in 2011.
- Manage website and social media marketing program.
Premier Complete Training Center
Director of Group Fitness/Personal Trainer atPremier Complete Training Center
June 2007 – November 2008 | Saddle Brook, NJ
- Developed a program called “Functional Fitness” to serve the clubs 350+ wrestlers.
- Organized and ran women’s fitness classes three days a week.
- Oversaw the hiring and management of personal training staff.
Matthew Wernikoff’s Education
Ramapo College of New Jersey
2002 – 2007
Concentration: American History
- Tau Delta Phi Fraternity – Student Advisor (Custos) – House Manager (Steward)
- Vice President of the Commuter Caucus
- President of the History Club
- Men’s Outreach Coordinator | Women’s Center
Matthew Wernikoff’s Interests & Activities
Strength and Conditioning Training, Wrestling, Basketball, MMA, BJJ.